So these were just okay. Not bad but not great either. I like my cookies chewy (like how it is pictured on the original site) and these came out puffy and soft. If that's how you like your cookies then this might be for you.
My only change would be that I'd add more Snickers next time because some of the cookies didn't even have any bits of Snickers in them.
Yields about 30 cookies
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light-brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 - 8 oz Snickers candy bars, chopped (about 1 1/2 - 2 cups)**
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped, unsalted or lightly salted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds, set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time mixing until combined after each addition. Blend in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in chopped Snickers, chocolate chips and peanuts and blend on low speed just until mixed in.
- Shape dough into balls about 3 Tbsp each (45 g) and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet spacing at least 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- ** I diced each of the Snickers bites into quarters. I love that I didn't have to unwrap lots of minis but if you cant find the bites the minis would work fine.