4 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Submitted by: Claire Lakin-Koel
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
2 cups salsa verde, divided
16-20 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded monterry jack & cheddar cheese
Side dish ideas – rice & refried beans
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Really grease it or your tortillas will stick.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cooked and shredded chicken with ½ cup of the salsa verde.
- Warm the tortillas lightly. Warm tortillas roll better but don't make them too hot or they fall apart
- Spoon a thin line of the chicken-salsa verde mixture into a corn tortilla and wrap tightly and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat until the chicken, tortillas are used up and the baking dish is packed full of enchiladas. Pour the remaining salsa verde sauce over the top and then sprinkle about 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and salsa verde is bubbling.
- Serve warm Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas with side of rice and refried beans.
Cook your chicken in a slow cooker for 6 hours. Season as you like - I used garlic, onion, and rosemary and cooked it in chicken broth.
I loved it as is but I'm not into very spicy food. My husband wanted more salsa to spice it up, but he liked it a lot.